Thursday, September 8, 2011

Beautiful Sunset




April 4, 2009 - Malmö, Sweden

I had the joy of witnessing a lovely sunset by the beach today, for the first time in my life! The sky was perfectly blue, the waters shimmering and calm, a pleasant climate and a beautiful piece of music by Yanni in the headphones. Time came to a standstill and I was overcome with admiration and delight. How amazing was the Beloved's creation. A profound thought struck me: I'm in no way different from the perfection and beauty of this wondrous sunset. The Beloved has created masterpieces in every detail of His creation, so why should I believe He made a mistake when he made me? Of course he didn't. Happiness is about seeing beyond the imperfections: I am a spiritual being, many many times more illuminating and dazzling than the sun. The perfect me isn't something I need to create, because the Beloved has already created it.

No comments:

Post a Comment